KIT ROOM ASSISTANT/CAMERA TRAINEE
ELECTRA HAVE A VACANCY FOR A FULL TIME KIT ROOM ASSISTANT/CAMERA TRAINEE. Please read the full job description below before you apply. It is essential that you hold a full manual clean driver's licence and live within an easily commutable distance of TW8 8HQ.
If you'd like to know more about us take a look at our FB Page Electra, website and instagram
As this is a full time vacancy it will remain open for a couple of weeks and I will repost the ad from time to time. This does not necessarily mean that your application has been unsuccessful, this is a large group with a fast moving timeline so re-posts ensure everyone sees the post and has an opportunity to apply.
Once the right candidate is found, we are looking for an immediate start date.
This is an entry-level position for those interested in pursuing a career in the technical side of television. Applicants will be given full on the job training, and ultimately be equipped to enter the industry as a Freelance Technician. Salary £17,300
*** with 'Kit Room Vacancy' in the subject line.
Full time Kit Room Assistant/Camera Trainee required for busy facilities company based in Brentford, West London. The role includes, but is not limited to:
• Preparation of kits for shooting crews.
• Checking in and out of equipment.
• Maintaining and cleaning filming equipment to a high standard.
• Delivering and collecting equipment using company vans.
• Maintaining cleanliness of company vehicles along with basic vehicle maintenance.
• Due to the often, unpredictable nature of filming schedules, the position will involve very early starts and very late finishes from time to time, as well as occasional weekend work via a rota.
• Full training will be given in all aspects of camera, lighting, grip and sound skills to prepare the right person to become a camera assistant.
• Applicants must have a flexible approach, good eye for detail and the ability to work under pressure.
• Upholding the company values at all times.
• Good communication skills.
• Interest in technology and be technically minded.
• Great attention to detail.
• Excellent time keeping.
• Honesty at all times.
• Good understanding of IT.
• A full clean manual drivers’ licence, held for more than 1 year is essential.
• Experience driving vans would be an advantage.
• Good initiative and positive attitude.
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
• Work well as part of a team.
• Live with easy access to Brentford.